The Latvian airline airBaltic jointly with KLM Royal Dutch Airlines and Business Tampere have teamed up to discuss the challenges aviation is facing and how to create a more sustainable way of flying. The event Sustainability Forum: Shaping the Future of Aviation will be held on November 30, 2023 from 12:00 to 16:30 at Tampere Hall (Yliopistonkatu 55, Tampere, Finland).
The forum will bring together leading experts and decision-makers to address the pressing challenges and innovative solutions required for a more sustainable aviation sector. Participants will gain invaluable insights from a series of talks and discussions led by distinguished speakers and industry professionals.
• Welcome greetings by Anna-Kaisa Ikonen, the Minister of Local and Regional Government;
• Keynote speech by Stephen Wright, Industry Professor at the University of Tampere;
• An expert panel discussion featuring Anselm Eisentraut (Neste), Mikko Viinikainen (Finavia), Zita Baranova (airBaltic), and Maria Hagelberg (KLM Royal Dutch Airlines) will explore various sustainability initiatives and strategies in aviation;
• Olli Ikäheimo from Business Tampere will host the event, while Soili Varpula from KLM Royal Dutch Airlines will moderate the panel discussion.
• Addressing the challenges of the energy transition needed for a more sustainable aviation sector;
• Understanding the roles and contributions of different stakeholders in this transition;
• Exploring ways travelers can contribute to more sustainable travel.
Attendees will have the unique opportunity to interact with the speakers, engaging in meaningful dialogue and networking to further the cause of sustainability in aviation.