You are welcome to the Midsummer Night, key event of the year. Enjoy the romantic town of Valmiera by the Gauja riverside
watch the midsummer day dawn with jolly fellows!
· Folk groups from all quarters of Latvia to perform alongside celebrities of the pop scene
· Amateur groups from Valmiera town
· Latvian folk dances, games, contests and amusement
· Midnight dance party featuring such acts as „Klaidonis”, Ivo Fomins and DJ Aivis
· A rich choice of traditional food from diverse counties (smoked pork ribs, pork chops, baked meat, lamb kebab, grilled trout, salmon steak, pigs’ ears and snouts, sauerkraut, boiled peas and porridge with lards, black pudding with whortleberry sauce, cold borsht, Courland sour pot (skābputra) and fried herring, carrot rail pie (sklandrauši), garlic toast, caraway cheese)
· Beer from nine breweries (Valmiermuiža, Užava, Tērvete, Bauska, Lāčplēsis, Piebalga , Cēsu alus, Aldaris and Rēzeknes alus)
VENUE: THE PAUKU PINE FOREST (PAUKU PRIEDES) OF VALMIERA
Date: June 23, 2010 at 8 PM
The tickets are available from the website bilesuparadize.lv
The first three thousand tickets cost LVL3.
The tickets will cost more after 3000 are sold.
Book your ticket and win a trip to Cyprus for two persons!
The guests with first names Liga or Janis enter free!
COURLAND will be represented by Andris Ērglis and the Old Wives of Suiti (Suitu sievas), Ivo Fomins and the folk groups „Trejteka” and „Talsi”, Chilli and the Livonian youth band „Nurmorkestor”;
LETTGALLIA will be represented by Atis Auzāns and the „Dziga” group, Dainis Skutelis and the „Ilža” fokl group, the duo „Inga un Normunds” as well as the folk group „Laimas muzykanti”;
LIVONIA will be represented by Ieva Akuratere and men’s ensemble „Vilki”, Aigars Grāvers and the „Cielava” folk group;
SEMIGALLIA will be represented by Lauris Reiniks and the „Tarkšķi” folk group,
Māris Sloka and the „Auļi” group of bagpipers and drummers.