The music festival Into The Valley 2017 (29.06-2.07) will unfold on a summery beach with crystal blue water, standing in stark contrast to the derelict prison on the grounds. The Rummu site in North-Estonia, a former Soviet prison which was infamous for the treatment of its inmates will be reborn and rechristened as a celebration of life. The venue has been featured in several prestigious publications like Atlas Obscura and Momondo UK.
The line-up spans between different genres and each aspect of the festival, from the music curatorship, to art installations and pieces, the technology involved in the lighting and stage design, and the wide selection of gourmet food and beverage have all been planned with care. The local acts at Into the Valley come from regions around Estonia, including Finland, Russia and the Baltics. It is to be noted that in Rummu, the festival will work exclusively with Estonian food concepts and the Art content featured will come exclusively from local artists.
The line up of artists can indeed be called as the most unique for the whole region. Among headlining the festival there will be unpredictable maestro Ricardo Villalobos, electro queen Helena Hauff, the Romanian hypnotizing sounds of Rhadoo, star dj Nina Kraviz, legendary House originator Kerri Chandler and techno legend Jeff Mills. Many of these artists will play in Estonia for the first time. The Estonian talents to join are Ellen Vene, Robert Nikolajev, Andreas Kask, as well as popular neighbor djs from Finland, Lithuania, Sweden and Russia.
Into the Valley is a different kind of festival, which desires to become not only a musical destination due to its impeccable curatorship within the electronic music realm, but also due to its setting, it´s art installations and the quality and innovation of its gourmet cuisine.
5 things to do at Into the Valley
1. First of all, open your mind. Into the Valley is an inclusive festival that wishes to create an open environment of beauty and enjoyment for all attending. So be sure to leave your prejudices at the door and just take in the carefree environment.
2. Listen to balanced line up of both male and female artists. Major players like Nina Kraviz, The Black Madonna, Cassy, Bella Sarris, Jennifer Cardini and many others will be bringing their unique energy and techniques to the fore. Be sure to plan ahead!
3. Enjoy delicious cocktails and food. Into the Valley is well known for its vast offer of delectable drinking options on site and collaboration with prominent restaurants, a far cry from the usual festival experience. We are pretty sure you will find something new you haven't tried before. But do it responsibly, of course.
4. Discover art from the region. The festival has invited different young artists from Estonia representing their unique works in various genres of art.
5. And of course, explore the beach! Rummu´s setting provides an environment that allows you to both sunbathe and dance as you enjoy the sounds coming from the big surprise that will be the Beach Stage, a unique floating stage that will be unveiled next June 29th to July 1st, in Rummu, Estonia.